Nancy's Theoretical Orientation
I specialize in helping my clients with relationship challenges, sport performance, life transitions, trauma, PTSD, anxiety, phobias, personal development, and self-esteem building. I enjoy my clients being an active part of the therapeutic journey by co-creating meaningful and achievable goals that we strive for together in each session. I take a strengths and values based approach, so that my clients are always striving for goals that are important to them.
My modalities of choice are Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Brainspotting, Gottman Method Couples Therapy, NLP, Somatic therapy and Sport Psychology.
My therapeutic framework is that I like to hold space for challenges while maintaining a pulse on a vision for the future. I love that quote by John Wooden: “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” We all want to get out of pain, but the reason we want out of pain is to excel and to open up and expand into what is already bubbling up inside of us. I like make room for both the struggles of life, and the vision of change each client is striving for.
- Ph.D. in Psychology from California Institute of Integral Studies (In progress)
- M.A. in Somatic Counseling Psychology from John F. Kennedy University
- Graduate Certificate in Sport Psychology from John F. Kennedy University
- B.A. in Psychology from UC Davis
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: Level 1, Level 2, ACT bootcamp
- Brainspotting: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 4, Master Class
- Gottman Method: Level 1, Level 2
- Sport Psychology: Graduate Certificate from John F. Kennedy University
- Mental Coaching: Mental Training Inc., Certified Mental Coach; IMGCA, Certified Mental Game Coach
- NLP: Practitioner, Master Practitioner, Health Practitioner
- Nutrition: Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified Pn1
- CAMFT: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
Request a Consultation
Are you ready to get started? Fill out the Request for Services Form and I will get back to you within 24 hours to schedule a complimentary discovery session to see if therapy is the next step for you.